By: Vineeta Tawney
- Irrigation actually means the watering the land to make it fit for agricultural purposes.
- An irrigation method is the supplying of water via artificial canals and pipes for growing plants and crops in the field.
- Water is essential for the growth of plants. There are no plants or crops can survive if they do not have access to water in any form.
- It is, therefore, important to supply water to crops and plants, regularly and as per their necessity. Therefore, irrigation is this cyclic and suitable supply of water to plants.
- The water for this irrigation gets from various sources such as wells, ponds, rivers, dams, reservoirs, and rainfall.