Blockchain and Mobile Technology
By: Vineeta Tawney
How Blockchain Technology Will Affect Current Mobile Trends
What do you think of when you hear the word blockchain? For most people, they think about cryptocurrency powered by Bitcoin or Litecoin etc. Beyond that though, it’s worth looking at blockchain as it has some attributes which make it ideal for a variety of mobile apps.
After all, if you’re a mobile app developer or software developer it’s good to understand emerging technology and know-how to advise your clients when it comes to developing mobile apps. In fact, mobile blockchain was just one of the 2018 top mobile trends along with augmented reality coming of age and more.
Like all emerging technologies – voice, IoT, AR, VR, robotics, AI, blockchain …it’s certain that technologies are merging. But now it’s time to investigate how we see blockchain creating a positive change for mobile app development in the future with an even more secure environment and other benefits.
An Even More Secure Environment
There is great transparency with blockchain technology. Everything is recorded so the information is easily tracked by users and you can see everything involved in the process. Continue reading
Bitcoin Lightning Torch Technology
By: Vineeta Tawney
What is the lightning network?
For blockchain, we don’t need to maintain a record of every single transaction. The lightning network adds more improvement that enables a user to generate a payment channel between two parties. These channels can exist as long as needed, this transaction will be immediate and fees will be very less.
How does it work?
To use it, we required to create a multi-signature wallet, and have to deposit a certain amount of bitcoin into it. From then on they can make an unlimited transaction between them. Continue reading
Blockchain Hardware Wallet::
- The blockchain is a type of distributed ledger for maintaining a permanent and tamper-proof record of transactional data.
- A blockchain functions as a decentralized database that is managed by computers belonging to a peer-to-peer (P2P) network.
- Each of the computers in the distributed network maintains a copy of the ledger to prevent a single point of failure (SPOF) and all copies are updated and validated simultaneously.
- A hardware wallet is a special type of bitcoin wallet, which stores the user’s private keys in a secure hardware device.
- They have major advantages over standard software wallets:
- -Private keys are often stored in a protected area of a microcontroller, and cannot be transferred out of the device in plaintext
-Immune to computer viruses that steal from software wallets
-Can be used securely and interactively, private keys never need to touch potentially-vulnerable software
-Much of the time, the software is open source, allowing a user to validate the entire operation of the device
Blockchain Hardware Wallet:
- The blockchainis one of the oldest software wallet providers in the cryptocurrency industry has launched its first hardware product.
- Blockchain has collaborated with hardware wallet maker Ledger and started taking orders for a new handheld device called “Lockbox”.
- While there are a number of hardware wallets on the market, Lockbox stands out in two ways, according to Blockchain CEO and co-founder Peter Smith. First, in addition to storing funds offline like other devices, it will facilitate crypto-to-crypto trades through Swap, the company’s native brokerage, which is launching next week.
- The aim is to make trading easier with an all-in-one account, Smith told Coin-Desk, explaining:“For them, it is really important to get the product to a point where the userdoesn’t need other places to complete user actions in crypto.”
- Lockbox(hardware wallet):
- Compatibility: Windows (8+), Mac (10.8+), Linux or Chrome OS. Requires Google Chrome or Chromium, and one USB port to connect your Lockbox.
No need to download any software. Blockchain Lockbox works seamlessly with your Blockchain Wallet with the minimum steps required to get started.-Secure
Our dual chip architecture guarantees cryptographic protection so you can store your crypto worry-free. Your private keys stay protected behind your secret PIN.
We took the hard out of hardware so you can trade your crypto from your fingertips. Easily receive funds in your hardware wallet without being connected.
Being FIDO Certified, Lockbox can be used as a security key for your Google, GitHub, Dropbox and more!
Powered by your computer, know your balance at any time.
- Cryptovest has explored Blockchain’s interface with regard to Lockbox.
- It appears, as this is a separate account management interface, which allows users to link their hardware wallets to their accounts and move private keys away from hot storage.
- It is just a more convenient way for Blockchain users to manage their assets in a manner that lets them have more control over their security.
- Lockbox is “endpoint-controlled”.In other words, while the wallet connects to the internet by plugging into a computer.A special key set inside the device will only allow it to connect with legitimate websites, deflecting phishing attempts by fake versions of external platforms like MyEtherWallet, for example.
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: Approximately four cryptocurrencies
How it works:
Once you have your Lockbox, you can transfer funds from your Blockchain.com web wallet to your Lockbox. The advantage of this is that your funds are more secure on the Lockbox than they are in the web wallet.
You can still transfer funds easily from the Lockbox using the “Blockchain.com” web wallet, but you can use it only if you have the device with you.
It is not just for cryptocurrency though. The Lockbox is FIDO certified, which means it can also be used as a security key for Google, Dropbox, GitHub, and other accounts.
The Blockchain Lockbox is a hardware wallet, which can add an additional level of security to your funds. It is safer than using the Blockchain.com web wallet by itself.
The device itself is a Ledger Nano S with new firmware that makes it compatible with Blockchain Wallet only. It is as secure as a Ledger Nano S.
What is Blockchain?
Blockchain is a technology that creates immutable and distributable data records which are shared peer to peer between networked database systems. Blockchain technology records digital events in a way that does not allow for the data to be changed or recognized until it reaches the recipient. Blockchain is an effective technology that can help prevent data breaches in the healthcare industry. It is a secure and reliable method of recording, storing, and sharing sensitive data.
Advantages of blockchain in healthcare
- Single, longitudinal patient records
Longitudinal patient records- compiling episodes, disease registries, lab results, treatments can be achieved through blockchain, including inpatient, ambulatory and wearable data- assisting providers in coming up with better ways of delivering care.
- Claims adjudication
Since blockchain works on a validation-based exchange, the claims can be automatically verified where the network agrees upon the way a contract is executed. Also, since there is no central authority, there would be fewer errors or frauds.
- Better collaboration
To the great extent, the success of any public health care initiative depends upon the collaboration of various parties involved and deep insights into vital healthcare trends. With the help of distributed ledger technology, the BlockChain proactively promotes the innovation in the field by empowering key participants to collaborate and group research.